Who We Serve
The rapidly growing wood biomass industry in North America is not only providing new opportunities for investors and suppliers, it is also presenting new options for small and large timberland owners. With increasing competition for wood fiber being seen in most North American regions (and in no small part from overseas as well), owners of timberland are finding themselves in a better position to compare the prices that they are being offered for their stumpage and are in turn able to expect and see higher profits.
Key Challenges and Opportunities
RISI works with all owners of timberland, from individuals and families to institutional timberland owners, to help them answer strategic questions such as:
- Are there new mills or projects in my region that I don't know about?
- Should I look to increase the amount of timberland that I own?
- If so, which regions are likely to see the highest levels of competition and, therefore, the highest prices?
- How sustainable will these increases in wood fiber demand be?
- Where are they likely to be the most sustainable?
- Should I be investing in different species for my plantation(s)?
- If so, which species are likely to show the highest yields?
How RISI Can Help
RISI can provide detailed information on where wood biomass projects are located, when they are due to come online, how much wood fiber they are expected to consume and what their output is expected to be. We also track regional wood biomass feedstock pricing, detailed information on pulp, lumber and panel mills (fiber sources or competition) and long-term forecasts of raw material supply and demand. In short, RISI works with timberland owners to ensure they fully understand the current and expected market for their standing timber, both from traditional forest products organizations and also from newer wood biomass projects.
Contact us to have RISI assist in your wood biomass project.